Tuesday 25 February 2014

Make it Digital

Morning everyone! It's a new week and a new challenge over at Passion for Promarkers and yours truly is hosting it with the theme of  "Make it Digital" - in other words, use a digital image together with digital papers or use digital papers with a stamped image. That's up to you, or why not use both on your creation?

As always playing with us over at Passion for Promarkers means you need to use your Markers and aqua markers from Letraset to be in the prize draw. Sponsoring us this challenge is Polkadoodles. The prize is the image I have used on my card.

Polkadoodles - 5 winners each receiving a Dollie Daydream 'Glitz' digistamp

And now the card. lol Starting off with the image used from Polka doodles and I had no clue on what to do. Looked at her for a while and decided to go with a green and blue card. I love the markers special edition from 2012. They are so lovely and the blue ones especially. I would call it "åskblå" in Swedish, that would be something like thunder blue in English, that dark almost warm blue that the clouds get a really bad rainy day. It's kind of ironic that I love this colour as I suffer from Bronto fobi which is un natural fear of thunder. LoL


Anyway, back to the card colouring her and enjoying that I also knew what designer papers to use. Yepp, you are so right! It was time to dig out those lovely packs from Bildmålarna again. Well, no digging required, they are always on my desk. As there is a big peacock feather in her outfit I decided to go with blue and green for this card. I was a really good gal and used up some scraps of the dp's as well as some old gem stones from BoBunny. A metal corner, a pin, a butterfly charm and my usual flower cluster. A feather too of course to complement the one the digi, and that's why I used the metal pin the way I did, to pick up the look of the peacock one on the image. 

Also added a bigger version of the gem stone to the image's hair piece to make it pop a bit. A border die from Memory box called pearl lace is also used. And as always some lovely pearls from Bunny Zoe's. Not to forget, I have had my fingers in the treasure box again, the one filled with lace that I got a little while from my teamie over at the Paper Shelter. Thanks again Gail! It's Christmas each time I open it up. 

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
Make it Monday - Always anything goes

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

Oh my Marie! This is gorgeous, lovely image and fabulous design and embellishments, love the feathers!..
Hope all is well with you hunnie xx
Hugs,
Marjorie x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, oh wow what a gorgeous image and I love how youve coloured it, its a fabulous card. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

coops said...

so stunning marie.fabulous image and your soft colours and details are really beautiful :D

xx coops xx