Tuesday 24 June 2014

Rags to riches

or like we would say "recycle something", but the "Rags to Riches" sounds so professional doesn't it? Well, I had to ask what it ment before I made my card. However, now I will never forget about it. :) For the first time in ages I had a really great time making my card. I even managed to colour on the Nennah card with my Letraset Markers. I still have a few sheets of my Letraset heavy cartright paper left but this was the first time it went great already from the beginning with the Nennah. Woohoo! And before I forget it, this is our new challenge over at Passion for Promarkers; "Rags to Riches". Don't forget you need to colour with Letraset products to be in the prize draw. And have a chance at top 5.

As I have taken some heavy meds I also need to tell you about my recycling for this creation before I forget. Believe me, I am quite dozed of after a heavy panic attac yesterday. All of the sudden there was some heavy thunder outside the door when I should go home from school. Oh yes! I had 10 kms to ride my bike in that weather and as it being me, no way in h--l that I was doing that. After waiting an hour for it to stop I finally caved in and called Daddy Dearest who rushed from work to help me home. When I finally came inside I totally crashed. Still I am very proud of myself being able to go and pick Philip up at day care a few hours later. Still shaking and hearing the thunder far away.

Wasn't too happy when I heard my oldest had been playing soccer in the thunder storm and his teachers hadn't gotten them under at least a roof during that time. They spend all day outside with their day care at the moment, living a kind of camp life instead of being at youth recreation center where he normally is after school. They take all the kids around here to place where they can swim in the sea, fish, play soccer, canoe and other fun stuff. I just don't like it when the weather is like this.


Ok, back to the card. Just being happy about surviving this that I had to write about it. :) My card... I have used one of the new lovely images from Bildmålarna for my card. Isn't he the sweetest? The designer paper is also from Bildmålarna and are really lovely. I just don't like the quality of them, as they get wet really easy. Careful with the glue. The dark brown border that is under the sea shells and star fishes are from Prima and a scrap pad of theirs with brown an beige papers. Love it and use it way to seldom.

And of course I forgot to tell what I recycled didn't I? Well, the first thing I used is some old net from some onions and the second thing is the corrugated paper that is also placed under the image. I white washed it with some really thin crackel paint from T.H. that was drying out. It's a joy to work with it now even if there is not much seen of the cracks. LoL

Further I used some matching flowers from WOC, some stamens from I am Roses, some long flowers from Magnolia and a rolled up rose that I made from some scrap papers, and to finish the whole thing of I used a piece of string from last years tomatoe plants. Glitter and pearls are also added.

We have a sponsor for this challenge as well and that is Polkadoodles who is offering one lucky winner two digis from their store.

I hope you come and join us in this fun challenge and you will for sure get plenty of inspiration from the team over at Passion for Promarkers.

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card

No comments: