Wednesday 4 March 2015

Anything goes over at Party Time Tuesday

Hi there and welcome to the March party over at Party Time Tuesday. As we have an anything goes theme, always over at Party Time Tuesday it gives me a chance to test out making cards in new ways for me. This time it really is party time here, and a fancy one it is.

I have a friend who have a friend that turned 50 recently and as 50 is big mile stone, or so I've heard I thought that I go all the way and make a tailcoat. Googled that and found two that I really liked and made my versions of them. So with this I say a big THANK YOU for the inspiration to Dixie Cochran for the wonderful CAS look of a tuxido/jacket. And Nina Dee for the other version of the card. It has been such join to make some different cards from what I normally do.

 Both cards are really fun to make and fit both as invitation or birthday cards. In my case it became a birthday card. I have added my own touch to both cards. The first one that I have made two versions of has used a ribbon bow tie instead of a paper one, On the second one I used black embossing power to get a shiny, silky look and I also added a pocket with handkerchief in it. I tried to figure out if I could add a carnation of any sort to this card but the ones I had was to big and making it less big ended up in well, a real mess. LoL I read that a perfect tuxido is dressed with a carnation...

So here are my cards to inspire you hopefully as the ladies above inspired me for my cards. It was really fun to make something that I didn't have to colour for once and I will probably be making more of those cards, both modells. It's such great male cards don't you think?


 The more CAS version of the tuxido with a ribbon bow tie. Buttons are card candy.

 The more detailed version with added pocket and handkerchief on it. Pearls as buttons. Handkerchied and bow tie made of white ribbon. The rest is only white and black cardstock even if it looks a bit grey here. 

Sponsoring this month is


Well thanks for looking and I see you around over at Party Time Tuesdays. Can't wait to see what you all come up with for our challenge this month. 

Love n hugs

Marie

Challenges for this card

2 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful projects Ginny x

coops said...

wow these are fabulous marie.really love the clever designs :D

xx coops xx